15 April 2013

Blog Roll: 101 Cookbooks

 101 Cookbooks is the first of many inspirations for me. There are a million food blogs out there but I love this one for its honest deliciousness, seasonality and fantastic photography, but most of all I love how homemade it all looks. This is edible gourmet home cooking. Not gourmet in style, just ingredients. Totally my style. I also love it for the motivation - too many cookbooks, not enough cooking.

"101 Cookbooks started in early 2003 when I looked up at my huge cookbook collection one afternoon and realized that instead of exploring the different books in my collection - I was cooking the same recipes over and over. I seemed to buy a new cookbook every time I stepped out the front door - always with good intentions. I would regularly go through my collection of books and magazines and carefully tag each recipe that piqued my interest. I ended up with shelves full of books brimming with Post-it notes and drawers full of recipes clipped from my favorite magazines - neatly organized by course, flavor, region, or ingredient."
- Heidi Swanson -

This should be your first stop if you're looking for a cookbook thats not so generic. I've gotten many ideas for birthday presents on here as you can often be sure they won't have it, but they'll love it. Its a veritable treasure trove! 

I'd definately check this one out if you're a food fan. And if you're one of those who's not a fan of 'irregular bloggers', this ones pretty frequent.

Roasted Winter Squash Salad
Red Lentil Soup w/ Lemon
Champagne Summer Shortcake
To check out more recipes (she has a great archive - all sorted by ingredient) go to http://www.101cookbooks.com/index.html or it's at the top of my blog roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment